Staff Application

IG Name: Select
Timezone: Eastern Standard Time

What times of the day are you most active?
From 7pm all the way to sometimes 3 - 4am, however, it ranges. I've been on from 3pm all the way onwards, as well.

What advice would you give to someone who had to deal with people that are younger or less mature then them?
Deal with them as in harassment? Griefing? Another staff member needing to speak to a younger player? Either way, the answer is similar in the sense that I would advise said person to take the mature route and advise staff of anything this younger player is doing that is against the rules, and we will handle it. If it's not against the rules, then to have patience and remain polite, as again, they are younger. If it's advice to another staff member? Definitely patience, maturity, and professionalism always. (Mature staff is part of the server's advertisement, after all.)

Two players are arguing in global chat civilly and calmly, what should you do?
First, it would all depend on whether the topic is appropriate or not, and within the rules guidelines. If inappropriate, I would interject and state so, kindly asking for a topic change. Depending on the severity of this inappropriate conversation - if say of the 18+ kind, I would erase chat, then state for a topic change. If it's of a harmless everyday topic over pie or cake being better, then so long as it doesn't degenerate, all is fine and dandy. However, I would keep an eye and monitor to make sure thus doesn't become the case.
If there's failure to topic change, or degeneration, then a temporary mute is going down.

Two players are arguing in global chat, the argument is heated and one or both is being abusive, what should you do?
Interject, of course. Our job is to keep the server friendly and fun for everyone. The abusive recipient(s) would be warned of said language or abrasive comments, and topic change requested. If this topic is over a matter in which they are both part of within the same claim, be it someone destroyed something, stole something, moved something, etc. Then I would proceed to aid in seeing if the matter can be resolved peacefully so everyone can be happy.
Like the above answer to a similar question, if the two players don't cease to argue, then a temporary mute is in order.

A new player logs onto the server spamming an advertisement then leaves, what should you do?
First off, I would clear the chat. No free advertisements for anyone, honey. Second, if the player returns and does the same thing (leaving thereafter), clear again. Third, muted. I like to play by the 3 chances rule. If the player actually sticks around, I would warn them of the rules against advertising for another server and ask to not repeat the gesture. If said player ignores warning, mute. Bans can be a proposition upon the table, but that all depends on circumstance.
For bots, however, I would advise a ban.

You see a player griefing, what should you do?
Kindly warn them that griefing is against server rules first of all. Second of all, circumstances. If this is a random block of 2 by 4 of wood with NOTHING ELSE, and the person who put it there's base is no where in site or they've not logged on in more than 6 months, then yeah, take the wood, doesn't matter - but again, "Careful not to grief new player person! Make sure to always ask staff first before destroying or taking things!"
Now if this was a super nice big house with loads of chests and nice decorations, I'd politely ask for things to be put back how it was, and inform it might belong to a player that hasn't had time to claim yet.
If I catch them griefing again, second warning. A little more stern this time around, but again, CIRCUMSTANCES. There would be a warning of jail time for the third offense. Third time? Bam. X Hour jail time or whatever the protocol is that Padre input. If it's a purposeful griefing of their own base causing chagrin to their base mates or unclaimed base (depending on the severity) then a longer jail sentence or ban may be input on them. A fourth offense? Yeah, ban hammer time.

You see a player blatantly hacking (flying, speed ect) what should you do?
Warn them that this is clearly against the rules and to please turn off whatever hacking device they are using. If caught or reported doing the same thing again, final warning. Third time, instant ban, no mercy.
Now, if they cuss me out upon first warning, I don't know about anyone else, but I'd instant ban right then and there.

Other comments:
Thanks for reading my super long application. My initial motive in applying was for designing aspects and tinkering new things for the server. I don't mind helping out in moderating the player base as well, since most staff are likely busy with classes until summer time. I've loads of free time on my hands, so I am pretty flexible for whatever is needed. I've experience in being a moderator from other games which I already listed to Father, as well as in graphics design and several other tidbits. I do enjoy working in teams, so I hope to join the MV team and help make it an even better awesome place for New Players.

PS: Let's ignore my previous mistake of posting this in the wrong place. :cool: :thumb: