Main Forum

More guides?

2 replies
Vote Credits:
+3,300
Votes:
Online on Site
Untagged users
I've been on the server for a week or so now, and there's still a lot I don't know, and can't find out without pestering the heck out of people in chat, which I hate to do. It seems to me there could be a bit more documentation available on the forums than the FAQ thread.

For example, ranks. What are they? How long does it take to achieve each one, and what benefits go with each one? Home sets, pet storage, command access, etc?

Speaking of pets, I know everyone gets a free sheep. But how many pets are we allowed to have total? Just anything we tame in-game? Does this change with rank, or only with donating for the pet packages?

Also, mining. It might seem a simple question to those who've been here a while, but it's kinda not. I've heard that one can mine in the main world on any unclaimed land, but that mining is discouraged under one's own property? What about the loot world, is that OK to mine in (knowing that your mine may disappear at any moment due to a reset, of course)?

I'm just thinking there could be a little more information available not only to new players, but prospective ones. I'm not the only one who goes and reads up on a server before joining, am I?
Posted Oct 17, 18 · OP
Vote Credits:
+39,200
Votes:
+96
Admins
Excellent feedback. I've spent a lot of time putting together the two in-game guides (/kit economy if you've not heard of it) and the extensive FAQ in the forums. The fact is that very few ppl will take the time to read any guides. Most just dive in to play.

You start as Player with 3 homes plus bed, then get Member after 1.5 months with 6 homes plus bed and a few other perks best described in-game. VIP is a special position for players highly respected and well trusted. There's a book about VIp in our library.

You get one pet for free, the sheep, then you can donate for more.

You are not discouraged from mining under your own plot, or anywhere for that matter. Mining in loot world is better because the underground chests contain better loot.
Posted Oct 25, 18
Vote Credits:
+3,300
Votes:
Online on Site
Untagged users
Hang on. In game you said it was one month to member? Is it one or one and a half? That's a long time to have to wait for a minimum amount of home sets.

Also, if you look on discord in the #get_ranked chat you can see I posted how new I was to the server on Oct. 9 ... and I had joined either that Monday the 8th while visiting Katholly or the previous Friday. In game you'd said the 16th, not sure where that date came from. Just wanted to get that straight.
Posted Oct 29, 18 · OP
Top Posters
136 Posts
79 Posts
29 Posts
NoticeNotices