Mineconex o
Mineconex @ Merchant Villages
Vote Credits:
+9,600
Votes:
+1
Online on Site
Untagged users
How about we add an 8x, 15 minute mcmmo xp booster for 9,000 credits on the vote market?

Alright, let's be honest here.

There's only so much being offered on the vote market currently and they fill their niches, such as being able to purchase art credits; this same option being the most popular one.

How about we add an extra dimension to it all?

We have 6 websites that we can use to vote on, giving us 50 vote credits per website.
We can vote once a day on these websites, meaning that we can get 300 vote credits for just spending a few minutes daily overcoming a system made by humans, that also loves to work against humans (yes, captchas, I'm looking at you).

While voting on its own gives us tons of goodies that rack up in-game directly, why not take it to another level?

Voting is integral for the publicity of the server. It is our way of showing support to the server, while also getting goodies in the process of doing so.

So, what do I have in mind?
So, we're able to get 300 vote credits within a day.
Within 30 days, if you vote daily and on all websites, you'd get 9,000 vote credits.

So, without harming funding Father's coffee habit too much, how about we have the option to buy one 8x MCMMO booster that lasts for 15 minutes for 9,000 credits?
This could be an ideal way of organizing social events and overall showing endearment towards our community, while still giving people a solid reason to actively vote.

One 8x MCMMO booster that lasts for 15 minutes once a month for being an active voter?
Sign me up!

Let's break it down another level, shall we, if you're not convinced...
- Voting -> publicity.
- Publicity -> more players -> potentially more active players -> potentially more donors.
- Players -> morale boosts, (too bad you can't buy these with vote credits, but MCMMO boosters can make this possible!)
- Higher morale -> higher player retention.
Player retention and morale are absolutely fundamental to keeping a community thriving.

Yes, Father. This also means that we could actually be helping fuel your coffee obsession even more!
Not like that's totally unhealthy at all!

Let's stop hoarding these vote credits, once and for all!

Besides, there is a lonely slot that could easily be filled up on the vote market. ;)
Attached Images
Posted May 3, 18 · OP · Last edited May 4, 18
List
Undo
[Helper] APimpNamedShane
APimpNamedShane @ Merchant Village...
Helper
Vote Credits:
+608
Votes:
+1
Helper
What a verbose way to say nothing.
Posted May 3, 18
Dislike
List
Undo
Mineconex o
Vote Credits:
+9,600
Votes:
+1
Online on Site
Untagged users
Much love to your peace and humor, buddy.
I've edited the post quite a bit to make it easier on the eyes and more concise, inspired by you. ^^
Attached Images
Posted May 3, 18 · OP · Last edited May 4, 18
[VIP] Broken_Sequence
Broken_Sequence @ Merchant Village...
VIP
Vote Credits:
+700
Votes:
+1
VIP
I approve of this idea. It would certainly make the mcmmo grind less tedious, while one 8x event roughly each month is not excessive enough to make it effortless. This new addition may provide an incentive for more advanced players to vote. 30 days of voting on all 6 websites should be worth an event that lasts for 15 minutes.
Posted May 4, 18
List
Undo
Mineconex o
Vote Credits:
+9,600
Votes:
+1
Online on Site
Untagged users
I wholeheartedly agree with your opinion here, and I greatly appreciate it. :)
Posted May 4, 18 · OP · Last edited May 4, 18
Vote Credits:
+2,648
Votes:
Untagged users
11/10 would agree again
Posted May 4, 18
[Helper] Peculiar_Peacock o
Peculiar_Peacock @ Merchant Villag...
Helper
Vote Credits:
+24,702
Votes:
+21
Online on Site
Helper
newisland
Hmmm, sounds like an idea...

We do have MCMMO boosters in the store, and there are a lot of other options for voters.

I think it's important to note that the fact that MCMMO boosters are so desirable is the reason they are not in the vote store. Although it may not seem it, Minecraft servers and forums do take money to keep alive, and that money comes from us, the players. So, although it would be nice to get MCMMO boosters for voting, it isn't practical for the server. We need those funds to be kept alive.

We would really appreciate it if you considered donating to get MCMMO boosters. If you don't have the money, get with me in-game and I can sell some that I donated for. I also like to throw some boosters into drop parties and treasure hunts, so make sure you check those out.

Merchant Villages loves input from its players, keep the ideas coming!

~Pec
Posted May 5, 18
List
Undo
VIP
Votes:
+8
VIP
JrHelper
I would like to point out that, in addition to what Pec has said about servers costing the owners money, this is also a place where many of us hang out - for free - with a ton of benefits. Considering how many things we get that aren't vanilla for no other cost than just showing up, I think keeping some special items like extra houses, worlds, pets, and MCMMO boosters/events as per-pay items is not only a smart idea, it's a respectful way for us to be able to show appreciation for all of the work that goes into keeping this server running. This includes making sure plugins work to the best of their abilities, navigating many different kinds of personalities, and presenting new and interesting ways of playing the game and making community - does this not all at minimum DESERVE a little fiscal recompense?
Posted May 5, 18
List
Undo
Mineconex o
Vote Credits:
+9,600
Votes:
+1
Online on Site
Untagged users
I definitely see how adding the boosters could potentially discourage people from buying them altogether and as a result, decrease the funding towards the server.
The option still remains to buy the boosters of all kinds and quantities with real currency, at their own convenience.

It just comes down to make the availability scale up just a notch while also potentially kicking lots of people into high-gear when it comes to voting, which can attribute to major developments and growth within Merchant Villages.

The logic in mind was to give another solid motive to vote, which in turn could attract new players that could further contribute to the community, with both their personality and their funding -- given how influential and desirable boosters are, free but time-consuming availability of them on the vote market could keep people happy and actively voting.

We could indirectly help fund the server more consistently than ever before, in theory.

The concept is always subject to be revised in which ever ways deemed fit, if not scrapped altogether.

I will definitely keep that proposition of you selling them in mind!

It's always a pleasure to see players funding not only to support the server running directly, but also in the sense to keep people happy and that much more engaged!
Posted May 5, 18 · OP
Dislike
List
Undo
Mineconex o
Vote Credits:
+9,600
Votes:
+1
Online on Site
Untagged users
You made a response just about in sync with me, hehe.

I would encourage you to look at my reply towards Pec.

Although of course, you definitely have solid points, throughout.

We can definitely keep these luxuries as exclusive as they are currently, given how high they are in demand and how desired they are.

My proposition was to essentially add another layer to the vote market system that can help the community and the advancement of Merchant Villages beyond what one would normally think of.

Again, a lot of this is in theory, but it doesn't seem too far-fetched, does it?

I still completely respect your opinion in regards to keeping them exclusive, once again. ^^
Posted May 5, 18 · OP
Page
of 2
Top Posters
133 Posts
79 Posts
29 Posts
NoticeNotices