Mineconex o
Mineconex @ Merchant Villages
Vote Credits:
+9,600
Votes:
+1
Online on Site
Untagged users
Huge thanks to Sophie for her ingenuity and generosity to compose the addition of shulker boxes, and the ongoing support of the event in its entirety!

So, when was the last time you've done Mob Arena?

...Do you know what it is?

...Did you know it even existed?

Everyone is granted the liberty to try out the vast list of minigames available at Merchant Villages, and Mob Arena is of no exception.

To put it simple, Mob Arena is essentially a players versus mobs arena survival standoff.

You can wing it out solo, or band with a team of players to survive the onslaught of rounds that vary from your beloved pests and notorious player-killing buggers, with enhanced gaming experience thanks to the varying (and still undiscovered) bosses that pay their visits at certain rounds, as well as different themes of rounds that could strain your ability to stand your ground!

Not only that, but you can also be paid quite handsomely for progressing throughout the rounds, with prizes ranging from iron ingots, gold ingots, emeralds, emerald ores, diamonds, and so on! Mob Arena is also a great way of bumping up mcmmo stats!

Not convinced enough? Well, let's raise the stakes now, don't we?

I'm looking for multiple people to work their ways up to a soon to be determined round, until the last survivor, to get the grand prize!

The victor will receive 25,000 emeralds, as well as all the content included in the shulker boxes!
Yup, that also includes the mcmmo boosters and decoheads!

The only kinds of submissions that will be eligible are only from those that present a screenshot of their round accomplishment on solo, on this thread, in the proper format.
Keep in mind, only the highest round-achievers will be chosen to participate!

Submissions are only acceptable in the following format!
-->Make sure to type in the chatbar /t Mineconex Beehive<--
This is a measure to ensure to me that the attempt is recent -- not just a screenshot from the old days!

Any submission made with the incorrect format will automatically be ineligible, so make sure you get it right!

Submissions are to be accepted up until Thursday, May 31st, by 12:00 A.M. (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time.

The event is currently scheduled to take place on Saturday, June 2nd, at 3:00 P.M. (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time.

Participants only have one shot at this.
Chin and weapons up, folks.
Attached Images
Posted May 1, 18 · OP · Last edited May 8, 18
List
Undo
Mineconex o
Vote Credits:
+9,600
Votes:
+1
Online on Site
Untagged users
So, I figured I might as well include some FAQs:

Is the date and time for the event completely certain to be on Saturday, June 2nd, at 3:00 P.M. (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time?
I have to consider all time zones, including those inhabiting different regions in the U.S. and those that reside in Europe. After taking into consideration availability at the former date, I've pushed the event all the way up to June -- this should ensure ample time to practice and not stress over time to submit those high rounds!

What if a participant doesn't show up in time? What if they can't show up altogether?
I understand that life happens, and it happens to the best of us. If there is a sudden shift in your plans that renders you unable to participate if chosen, please try your best to get in contact with me, that way we can rearrange the roster and discuss further details. The next highest-round achieving and available participant will be chosen.

How can I go about contacting you?
You can always shoot me up a text on Discord, on the website, or even in-game. If in the event I'm not responsive in-game, please proceed to message me on Discord, most preferably, as I'd be the most responsive there.
You may also add me on Discord: Mineconex#7838

Are all the classes provided in Mob Arena acceptable?
Every single class is 100% acceptable. Work with what you think is best for you and your teammates!

How many submissions can I make? What if I beat my old record that I already posted?
Only one post per individual. If you make a new record for yourself, just edit the post and replace the screenshot with your new record. As simple as that. :)

Updates will continue to be posted as time goes by. I'm looking forward to the submissions!
Posted May 1, 18 · OP · Last edited May 7, 18
Vote Credits:
+2,648
Votes:
Untagged users
Just thought I would say I am not joining. I know I won't make it to a really high level. Good luck everyone else!
Posted May 12, 18
Mineconex o
Vote Credits:
+9,600
Votes:
+1
Online on Site
Untagged users
There's a beauty within all of it, though.

You'd be surprised as to how far you can get as you get to develop strategies and ways to go about handling the masses and bosses when the times come.

The loot racks up, and before you know it, you're that much more hooked into the minigame than you'd think you'd be.

To me, Mob Arena is a great way to work on stats that you may not normally work on, and a great way to break your typical routine and monotony.

I'd greatly encourage you to try it out and test the waters. The loot scales very nicely as time goes on, and it will only become more and more effortless as you develop metas.

Let's not forget involving friends, too, to help you learn faster, have more fun, and get up to rounds that you normally wouldn't make it up to -- more experience, and more loot!

Don't hold yourself back, though, seriously. I'd really encourage you to give it some solid cracks at it. :)
Posted May 12, 18 · OP
Vote Credits:
+9,250
Votes:
+3
Untagged users
Looks like it's time for me to go die to the level 10 boss this evening then post a screencap here. That'd make me the best applicant if nobody else signs up!
Posted May 14, 18
List
Undo
Mineconex o
Vote Credits:
+9,600
Votes:
+1
Online on Site
Untagged users
Hahahaha.

...Yeah. We've gotta set up the bar somehow, after all!
Posted May 14, 18 · OP
lucasg65z
lucasg65z @ Merchant Villages
Vote Credits:
+20
Votes:
Untagged users
bit sloppy, but there ya go
[img]https://imgur.com/7HQPD8v[/img]
Posted Mon at 10:57 pm
Mineconex o
Vote Credits:
+9,600
Votes:
+1
Online on Site
Untagged users
Beautiful!

I'm surprised you didn't just attach the file onto the post itself, but this works, too. :p

Yup, you've hit that wonderful brickwall that is round 35.

Take cover, and take your picks on 'em. They juggle extremely well and rack up on damage as they pile up on ya.
The key is isolation.

Hope you enjoyed cleaning out these pests and reaping your rewards!
Posted Mon at 11:33 pm · OP
lucasg65z
lucasg65z @ Merchant Villages
Vote Credits:
+20
Votes:
Untagged users
my computer wouldn't let me attach the file otherwise I would have, but yeah, solo is hard to get far in, that's the first time I made it past even the wave 20.
Posted Mon at 11:41 pm · Last edited Mon at 23:42
Vote Credits:
+9,250
Votes:
+3
Untagged users
Here is a friendly present for anyone who thinks they're not good enough: You can almost certainly do better than me.
Attached Images
Posted Thu at 07:25 pm
List
Undo
Page
of 2
Top Posters
133 Posts
79 Posts
29 Posts
NoticeNotices