1 reply
FatherWh0 a
FatherWh0 @ Merchant Villages
Vote Credits:
+20,200
Votes:
+90
Admins
Periodically someone joins MV, says they are interested in developing plugins and asks if I have any plugin needs. This thread is my response.

We need an auction plugin. Currently we are using:
Obsidianauctions - github
However, it is not well maintained and currently has many issues. These include:
Potions show up as "Potion". It will not show the name of the potion being auctioned.
It will not show the name of named items unless the item is enchanted... which makes no sense.
It has dup glitches (not saying any more).
It has a glitch whereby it occasionally says "you do not have enough of this item" even though you are specifying the correct amount. Often if you wait 30 minutes and try again it auctions the item.
And many more. Yes I started a sentence with and.
It is a fork of the original:
floAuction- github
Btw, floAuction had a dependency called WhatIsIt which wasn't required by Obsidianauctions but was useful until it sadly broke with 1.12. (I don't have it's github).

So this brings me to what we need, a maintained auction plugin that shows names, enchantments and lore of items. It would also be nice if damaged items could be auctioned with the damage value shown. Speaking of damage values, ever bought a tool from another player, then when it came time to repair it or add an enchantment the anvil informed you it was "to expensive"? This would also be a nice bit of data for an auction plugin to display.

If you feel like developing your java skills by developing a plugin feel free to contact FatherWh0 or post here. And remember, the idea is to have fun. If you aren't having fun go ride your bike. ;)
Posted Dec 14, 17 · OP · Last edited Dec 14, 17
List
Undo
FatherWh0 a
FatherWh0 @ Merchant Villages
Vote Credits:
+20,200
Votes:
+90
Admins
Also this
IaHYPxv.png