Main Forum

Official Merchant Villages Texture Pack

1 reply
Vote Credits:
+37,050
Votes:
+96
Admins
As administrator of a server I need to be able to see my server's worlds the way players will see them. Thus I'm limited to the default texture pack. However, Mojang's idea of textures looks a bit too much like the original Space Invaders married the Atari 2600 and had a kid. For this reason, I use Faithful. This is basically default in higher resolution. This allows me to view the server the way players will, that is b4 they install some insane texture pack of their own, but also allows me to get a bit more than a few pixels per block. I've collected together the best of what I've found into texture packs which I'm not glad to make available to Merchant Villages players.

Why use Merchant Villages textures?
  • Default textures in hi-res
  • Lower shield. I've included a texture that moves your shield down so that it's not in the way.
  • Easier to read font. Makes chat a bit easier on the eyes.
  • Villagers love it. Four out of five villagers advise the use of Merchant Villages texture packs

MerchantVillages64v112-1 This is the official Merchant Villages 64x64 texture pack. Version 112-1.

Lower Shield. This is already included in Merchant Villages 64. I'm making this available in case you have your own texture pack and don't want to use Faithful *cries*. Adding this to your current pack will allow you to hold a shield and be able to see the lower-left area of your screen.

Lower Fire. This is not included in the official texture pack because it is not at all faithful. However, I personally think it's a good idea. Similar to Lower Shield, this lowers fire. If you'd like to be able to pvp minpapowner and be able to see when he hits you with his fire aspect axe, this is a good idea.

To use Lower Shield or Lower Fire with your current textures simply load it with your current pack so that it's at the top of the list.

*Credits*
Merchant Villages 64: The bulk of this came from Minecraft HD by Shadow1290. The 1.9 textures were added by a fan mrdhobbs.
Lower Shield: This I got from our own Set3. I have no idea where it originated.
Lower Fire: This is an addon to the Ragecraft Faithful 64x64 pack. I tested their pack. It's not that faithful.
Posted Jun 8, 16 · OP · Last edited Aug 21, 17
List
Undo
Vote Credits:
+37,050
Votes:
+96
Admins
I have updated the Merchant Villages 64 texture pack for 1.12. It isn't complete. Mainly missing right now is the concrete powder. The gui and terracotta patters are all there. If you've been missing the little recipe book in your inventory gui this will fix that.

Btw, coming soon. 128x128 Merchant Villages Faithful!
Posted Jul 13, 17 · OP
Top Posters
135 Posts
79 Posts
29 Posts
NoticeNotices