Main Forum

The Iron Titan - 2600 Iron/hr

6 replies
Vote Credits:
+52,300
Votes:
+102
Admins
That's right, the Iron Titan by Tango Tek can produce thousands of iron per hour. How doe sit overcome normal vanilla mechanics and produce far more than should be possible? It uses a very unique design which goes beyond the normal mechanic of one village for your iron farm and produces many villages overlapping. This design means instead of one iron golem being produced by one village, many iron golem calculations are running simultaneously to produce farm more golems. If only it were true...

Let me tell you the story of Bob. Bob was a nice guy. We all liked Bob. His name was difficult to pronounce and sounded a lot like a Frenchman vomiting after eating too much stew so we called him Bob. Bob liked redstone and he liked farms even more. Bob spent a month building the complexe Iron Titan. He then spent another month frustrated trying to figure out why it didn't work. Ultimately Bob was so upset by 2 months wasted in failure that he quit playing Minecraft altogether. I miss Bob.

What went wrong? I downloaded the, then current, Iron Titan world save and stood over it for an hour only to discover it produced no more iron than a simple iron farm of any design. But what about the overlapping villages? It's simply not true. Minecraft's villager mechanics can not be tricked like this youtuber would have you believe. It is simply not possible to have more than one village and thus one calculation to spawn golems per farm.

I did get a chance to talk to Bob b4 he quit. He blamed me. He had heard that spigot nerfs iron golem spawning to prevent lag. I couldn't convince him that I refused to use lag preventing measures that interfere with vanilla play. I told him my test of the Iron Titan was done in single play so it was vanilla and not spigot. He had heard otherwise. Of coarse, at that time, my server wasn't running Spigot. Didn't matter. Tango Tek blamed Spigot so Bob blamed me.

Why would Tango Tek lie? At the time that I looked at his Iron Titan video he had over 1 million hits. He makes a new video, claiming a new design is needed, for every mc version. Each of these videos sees many of the same viewers returning. That's quite a considerable series of checks from Youtube to Tango's mailbox. Why does he lie? Why does he claim thousands of iron per hour when it's not possible? He gets paid.

Before deciding to head for youtube and viewing his vid understand you are helping him when you add your hit. Before deciding to take on building the current Iron Titan understand it will only produce as much iron as any simple farm would. Understand that you will waste a lot of time.

I miss Bob.
Posted Apr 27, 16 · OP · Last edited Apr 27, 16
List
Undo
VIP+
Vote Credits:
+802
Votes:
+23
VIP+
newisland
I'm going to conduct an experiment where i try and build all of the iron farms. These farms are very technical builds, and are easy to mess up. I'm also currently building a 32 village iron farm that doesn't need to be in the spawn chunks.
I am taking pre-orders for concrete. My price is 4E per stack (that price will go up once 1.12 is released). Contact me or pm me on the forums if you would like to make an order, or if you would like further information.
Posted Apr 28, 16
VIP
Vote Credits:
+1,875
Votes:
+1
VIP
RIP Bob, you will be missed.
Posted Apr 28, 16
Votes:
+15
SrAdmin
This is bob, I called him mish but others called him bob.
vdyxI8v.png
omg omg hottie confirmed
I miss bob as well :(
Posted May 7, 16 · Last edited May 7, 16
Vote Credits:
+2,781
Votes:
+23
wrote:
Before deciding to head for youtube and viewing his vid understand you are helping him when you add your hit.
It will not help him at all if you use adblock. Just don't waste your time on the farm.
~bball
Posted May 7, 16
Vote Credits:
+52,300
Votes:
+102
Admins
Two months later... how's that multi-village farm coming along?
Posted Jun 19, 16 · OP
VIP+
Vote Credits:
+802
Votes:
+23
VIP+
newisland
lol i lost my steam. Ill pick it up in a bit
I am taking pre-orders for concrete. My price is 4E per stack (that price will go up once 1.12 is released). Contact me or pm me on the forums if you would like to make an order, or if you would like further information.
Posted Jul 11, 16
Top Posters
138 Posts
79 Posts
29 Posts
NoticeNotices